Xubuntu [SOLVED]: Can I transfer my TensorFlow Python environment from Windows to Ubuntu?

Xubuntu [SOLVED]: Can I transfer my TensorFlow Python environment from Windows to Ubuntu?

Home Forums Xubuntu Xubuntu [SOLVED]: Can I transfer my TensorFlow Python environment from Windows to Ubuntu?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I have Linux Mint dual booted on my system, and I recently set up Anaconda on it. Essentially, I want to copy/paste the tensorflow environment I created with all the packages I’ve installed from my Windows 10 platform to my Mint platform. Will I be able to simply create a .zip file of the Windows tensorflow environment, transfer it to a USB drive, and copy/paste it into my Anaconda environments folder in Mint?

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

No.

Tensorflow contains many shared libraries next to Python code.
    Shared libraries are not portable between operating systems.

Instead, use the conda tool on your Ubuntu installation to check which packages are installed. (Use conda list.) Do the same on your windows install. Then install any missing packages in your windows installation.

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48037343/can-i-transfer-my-tensorflow-python-environment-from-windows-to-ubuntu
    Author: Roland Smith
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.