Xubuntu [SOLVED]: aws ec2, update ubuntu with dependencies

Xubuntu [SOLVED]: aws ec2, update ubuntu with dependencies

Home Forums Xubuntu Xubuntu [SOLVED]: aws ec2, update ubuntu with dependencies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

In status quo, I have running aws ec2with ubuntu version 14.04

I’m going to update version to 16.04 and I recognize that sudo do-release-upgrade will help me to do that.

The reason for the ubuntu update, is to upgrade php5 to php7 and to lessen deprecated gems

However, my worries are that, 14.04 to 16.04 brings some significant changes, for example upstart to systemd, and since I have set many configurations related to nginx I want to know some possible changes, or failures following such update.

Also I want to know whether php7.0 perfectly substitute php5 legacies.
    Currently php is only used for wrapping c coded 3rd parties, and using limitedly with php5-cli, php5-mcrypt. Are these replacable by version 7?

Please share some experiences.

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

I cannot give you any specifics, but would recommend to use the beauty of the cloud: create an AMI snapshot of your instance and start in beside your original. Update ubuntu on the copy and see what you get.

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47907634/aws-ec2-update-ubuntu-with-dependencies
    Author: Marcel Böttcher
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.