Ubuntu [SOLVED]: 403 error with LAMP and symfony

Ubuntu [SOLVED]: 403 error with LAMP and symfony

Home Forums Ubuntu Ubuntu [SOLVED]: 403 error with LAMP and symfony

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

With a LAMP server running on Ubuntu 16.04, I get the error in the log file defined as in conf :

[Tue Dec 26 16:56:35.930629 2017] [core:error] [pid 21749] (13)Permission denied: [client 127.0.0.1:43872] AH00035: access to / denied (filesystem path '/home/christophe/public_html') because search permissions are missing on a component of the path

I set my .conf file with the following :

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName memory.test
        ServerAlias www.memory.test

DocumentRoot /home/christophe/public_html/memory/web
        <Directory /home/christophe/public_html/memory/web>
            AllowOverride All
            Require all granted
            Allow from all
        </Directory>
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/memory_error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/memory_access.log combined
    </VirtualHost>

The access right are set for user christophe:christophe and www-data is part of the group christophe, the mod is 775 but even with the www-data:www-data I get the error.

The /etc/hosts file contains the line :

127.0.0.1       memory.test

I seem to not have selinux installed as this solution is given in some other questions. I would not consider myself as a newbee and I succeeded to have many test environments working this way but this linux is a fresh installation and for a while no other website is working on it…

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

Did you check that you have 0644 in the directory you are trying to serve?, besides, you also give permissions to www-data user to access that directory, note that the folder you are trying to serve is located in your home directory.

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47981014/403-error-with-lamp-and-symfony
    Author: bretanac93
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.