Ubuntu-14.04 [SOLVED]: BIND: Server is blocking on query

Ubuntu-14.04 [SOLVED]: BIND: Server is blocking on query

Home Forums Ubuntu 14.04 Ubuntu-14.04 [SOLVED]: BIND: Server is blocking on query

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I have a BIND9 server. I can query it and telnet to it from one system. It will not respond at all when this is attempted from another system on the same subnet/VLAN. It behaves as if the packets are being dropped.

With just a simple telnet, I can see, with tcpdump, that the packets are being received from this system, but I do not understand why the server never responds. I have already restarted the non-working client system. To minimize interference, I have also disabled that client’s local iptables.

For reference, the ACL of the BIND9 server is “any” and iptables is permitting UDP/TCP on 53 from any source. iptables is totally disabled on the non-working client system (by way of UFW).

The server is Ubuntu 16.04 . The working client system is 17.04 . The non-working client system is 14.04 .

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

Even though I had restarted my client system to see if that would help, which it didn’t, I was suddenly able to resolve DNS queries against the server. Something must’ve been out of whack and fell into place on its own.

Source: https://serverfault.com/questions/887972/bind-server-is-blocking-on-query
    Author: Dustin Oprea
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.