SSL [SOLVED]: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made only on ios

SSL [SOLVED]: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made only on ios

Home Forums SSL SSL [SOLVED]: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made only on ios

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I’ve an a running React Native app with Ruby On Rails Server as backend and i’m using let’sencrypt for ssl certificate, and the app is working fine on android and ios on WIFI but on ios only on certain carrier i’m getting

An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot
    be made

but on other mobile networks the app is working fine, i’ve searched a lot for the issue but still have no idea about how can i solve the issue ? i’m thinking that the carrier is blocking the requests but it’s working fine on android. any idea about what maybe the cause of the issue?

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

I’ve finally found the solution hope it helps , the issue was in nginx configuration and has been fixed by adding the following code to nginx.config file .

ssl_protocols       TLSv1.2;
      ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
      ssl_ciphers EECDH+AES128:RSA+AES128:EECDH+AES256:RSA+AES256:EECDH+3DES:RSA+3DES:!MD5;
      ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:20m;
      ssl_session_timeout 10m;

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47962942/an-ssl-error-has-occurred-and-a-secure-connection-to-the-server-cannot-be-made-o
    Author: Ahmed Ali
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.