Partitioning [SOLVED]: Cannot mount partition into old mount point

Partitioning [SOLVED]: Cannot mount partition into old mount point

Home Forums Partitioning Partitioning [SOLVED]: Cannot mount partition into old mount point

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I have 2 disks (system and data) in my computer.
    The data HDD has two partitions, one for media and one for private data (encrypted with veracrypt). The mount points are: /media/[myusername]/Media for media, and /media/veracrypt1 for my private data. So far so good.

The problem is, I replaced the the data HDD with a bigger one (same partitions), and now I cannot use my old mount point for the media partition. I can use /media/[myusername]/Media1, /media/[myusername]/Media2 and so on, but not /media/[myusername]/Media.

When i mount it into /media/[myusername]/Media, it is empty. The private data partition (mounted with veracrypt) works fine.

Does anyone know why and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

When mounting a NTFS drive using fstab you need to create the mount point and change permissions on the folder to 777 ..then add a line in your fstab like the following example:

UUID=<the drives uuid number> /path-to-mounting-point ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

UUID=F858A91658A8D522 /media/mountpoint ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

You can find the UUID by running sudo blkid

Source: https://askubuntu.com/questions/986531/cannot-mount-partition-into-old-mount-point
    Author: John Orion
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.