Firewall [SOLVED]: Disabling the firewall in Ubuntu on an Amazon EC2 instance

Firewall [SOLVED]: Disabling the firewall in Ubuntu on an Amazon EC2 instance

Home Forums Firewall Firewall [SOLVED]: Disabling the firewall in Ubuntu on an Amazon EC2 instance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

How do I disable the Ubuntu server firewall running inside an amazon instance, though, without using ssh. I am not able to access via ssh because of the timeout error, I think it has a firewall on the server blocking but I can not disable it precisely because it can not access. I need to somehow disable it, directly from the Amazon web console. How do I do?

I already configured the security group in several ways, so I finally left it, with all the ports open for testing.

enter image description here

My route table is:

My ACLs is:

My instance settings:

Already tried to connect like this using openssh:

ssh -i “c: key owlcom.pem” ubuntu@ec2-54-149-193-61.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

and so

ssh -i “C: key owlcom.pem” X.X.X.X <- elastic ip

and so

ssh -i “C: key owlcom.pem” ubuntu@x.x.x.x

none of them works on any of my computers using openssh or putty., setting the putty correctly with the key.ppk

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

NOTE: You will have to have access to the AWS dashboard in order to follow this procedure:

1. In your AWS Dashboard, please go to Services > Compute > EC2 so you can see all your EC2 instances (make sure you are in the correct region).

2. Once in the EC2 dashboard, go to the “Instances” tab. Once there, locate the instance in which you want to disable the firewall. Click in it and you should be able to see a summary of the instance in the lower part of the website. After that, go to the Security Group section and click on “view inbound rules”. There you will be able to see all the open ports your instance has.

3. To modify such ports, you actually need to modify the Security Group rules your instance is attached to. To do so, click in the security group name in the panel where the “view inbound rules” was. It should take you to another page where you will be able to edit all the firewall rules.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47022824/disabling-the-firewall-in-ubuntu-on-an-amazon-ec2-instance
    Author: Jack Gal
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.