Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: No option to boot Ubuntu after Windows 10 update in dual boot

Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: No option to boot Ubuntu after Windows 10 update in dual boot

Home Forums Dual Boot Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: No option to boot Ubuntu after Windows 10 update in dual boot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I had Ubuntu 16 and Windows 10 installed and coexisting peacefully.

On boot, the past and wise me had configured the computer so that it would give me a choice on whether I would like to boot Ubuntu or Windows, on a timer that would start Ubuntu by default if 30 seconds without input passed.

But the last Windows 10 update has disabled the possibility of booting Ubuntu altogether.

What I have tried:

• I entered the power options on Windows 10 and disabled fast boot
    • I have shutdown the computer while pressing shift, then pressed F2 on boot to access the BIOS menu. There I have checked that indeed my first boot option is Ubuntu, and I have also tried disabling a fast boot option there was there in the BIOS menu.

I do not know what else to try.

How can I return the boot configuration to its behaviour pre update?

UPDATE:

• I have tried running bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path EFIubuntugrubx64.efi from the console with admin rights. When I load, now I see a scary screen saying

Secure Boot Violation. Invalid signature detected. Check secure Boot Policy in setup

• I have also tried booting from a live USB. Got into BIOS menu using F2 on boot, then when I launch the boot override… I get the same scary message as above.

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

You can probably boot to an Ubuntu live disk/USB and run Boot Repair to restore your GRUB bootloader, thus, hopefully fixing your Windows or Ubuntu choice on boot.

Source: https://askubuntu.com/questions/984703/no-option-to-boot-ubuntu-after-windows-10-update-in-dual-boot
    Author: CarrotIsland
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.