Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: How can i merge two drives in same HDD uaing Windows 10 or Ubuntu?

Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: How can i merge two drives in same HDD uaing Windows 10 or Ubuntu?

Home Forums Dual Boot Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: How can i merge two drives in same HDD uaing Windows 10 or Ubuntu?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I have one SSD(Win10 installed) and a HDD(for Ubuntu and apps for Win10). I installed Ubuntu 16.04 for the dual-boot alongside Windows10. I’ve created 150GB free partition from HDD but while i was intalling the Ubuntu, i’ve created a partition for ubuntu from Ubuntu GUI (not that 150GB part i created early from Win). Now Ubuntu and Win10 both are working great but when i try to merge that 150GB with rest of the HDD for Win apps, it says “This process will cange basic disks to dynamics…” then i choose Yes and it drive turns to yellow instead of blue and says “There Is Not Enough Space Available on the Disk(s) to Complete This Operation”. How can i merge this two partitions?
    Partition screen

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

use a third party partitioning software (Gparted in Ubuntu or AOMEI Partition Assistant in Windows) to merge unallocated space with the local drive you want.

Source: https://askubuntu.com/questions/986528/how-can-i-merge-two-drives-in-same-hdd-uaing-windows-10-or-ubuntu
    Author: MehrdadEP
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.