Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: Can't get big enough partition Windows 10 disk for installing Ubuntu

Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: Can't get big enough partition Windows 10 disk for installing Ubuntu

Home Forums Dual Boot Dual-Boot [SOLVED]: Can't get big enough partition Windows 10 disk for installing Ubuntu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

QuestionQuestion

I have a Windows 10 system with a 500 GB disk. I can’t create a partition of greater that 7 GB to install Ubuntu. I have deleted a lot of Windows 10 files and have defragmented with both MS’s defrag and Piriform Defragger with little luck.

I have 325 GB of free space on C:. I want to install a dual boot system. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Anonymous

Accepted AnswerAnswer

Deleting files increases the free size in a partition, but it does not resize the partition. You can resize the partitions in Windows with the disk manager (enter ‘Create and format hard disk partitions’ into the Windows search field). You could also use a tool like gparted from a live system on DVD or USB.

But pay attention at what you are doing!

Source: https://askubuntu.com/questions/982825/cant-get-big-enough-partition-windows-10-disk-for-installing-ubuntu
    Author: muclux
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.